Welcome home EFY-er's!! I am happy to report a great time was had by all. Kade came home and had a great attitude about his time there, of course his main focus was to talk about the hot babes he saw and a the few he danced with. But of course he was there for reasons other than the babes and that was to strengthen his testimony. He said he enjoyed the classes that he attended, Holding to the Rod, Preparing to go on a Mission, and others that I can't remember he said that the mission one was really cool and made him think more of going on a mission. (Could I really handle 2 years of him being gone... a week was killer). He and Tanner played dorm lobby soccer for the first few days until the counselor put a stop to it. I do not think anything was broken during this time, at least nothing was brought to my attention. Kade said that during one of the testimony meetings he wanted to stand up to share his testimony but was to afraid, he did say that his testimony grew and he knows that the gospel is true. What beautiful words coming from a 14 year old boys mouth.
The kids would have a devotional and scripture study every night. That I am proud to say that Kade participated in, that is a huge step for him as he does not enjoy being the focus of everybody's attention. Kade said the food was not good but the chocolate milk and the Fanta Soda was excellent.
On Saturday morning the kids had to be checked out by 7:30 am. Grandma Jean (Breanne's Grandma) went a got them and met my parents at Thanksgiving Point. There happen to be a car show going on so they checked that out for a while before heading to a surprise location.....Boondocks!!! Boondocks is a FunCenter I guess you could say with Go-Karts, Mini Golf, Batting cages, Arcades and bumper boats. These kids had the time of their lives, racing grandma and grandpa around on the go-karts and having grandpa Phil school them at miniature golf. Grandma Joanne and Grandpa Phil took them to eat at Olive Garden, one of their favorite places to eat. Kade sent me a text rubbing it in that they were there eating and how good it was. I would never do that to him!!! ;) After eating they headed home, finally I couldn't wait to hear about all the fun things. I am sure there are a hundred things I left out but the moral of the story is it was a great spiritual experience and a fun time for these kids and they look forward to going next year.
1 comments:
Hey girl,
love the blog:):) I love the blogging world, and I'm at it most everyday. Maybe if I did my visiting teaching like I blog I would be a Saint!!!! Visit us anytime and we love comments~ Only good one of course;)
Post a Comment